how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

dinamex
Hi all,

I would like to use the kiwi viewer to display my clouds on the ipad. In the app description it says to open the files from dropbox with the "open in" option. But the kiwi viewer doesn't show up in there.
How can I import the data to the program?

Another question...
in the article "PCL goes Mobile with VES and Kiwi" it says the following:

    "...app that read PCD files and execute PCL filters, and point cloud visualizations with millions of points"

but in the app descriton there is no support for pcd files indicated. Can I open pcd files with it or do I need to convert it to ply first.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

dinamex
I tried several different formats now (.pcd, .ply, .vtk). If I use vtk the Kiwiviewer gets listed int he "open in" option but when I load it nothing gets displayed.
I really appreciate if someone could help me out...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

aichim
Administrator
Hi,

The KiwiViewer is supported by the guys at Kitware. Try asking them.

Cheers,
Alex
---
http://www.openperception.org



On Feb 4, 2013, at 1:50 PM, dinamex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried several different formats now (.pcd, .ply, .vtk). If I use vtk the
> Kiwiviewer gets listed int he "open in" option but when I load it nothing
> gets displayed.
> I really appreciate if someone could help me out...
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025868.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

Pat Marion
Hi,

The KiwiViewer v1.0 in the Google Play store for Android has support for point cloud data in the .vtk, .vtp, or .ply file format.  I think that the KiwiViewer v0.0.2 in the iOS store probably does not have support for point cloud data, unfortunately.  We're working toward a new iOS release which will have a greatly improved version of the app, including support for .pcd files, and will have live visualization of streamed point clouds using the pcl mobile streaming server.

The apps you read about on the PCL Goes Mobile article are available in source code form, for Android and iOS, and can be found here:  http://svn.pointclouds.org/mobile/

Pat

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Alexandru Ichim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The KiwiViewer is supported by the guys at Kitware. Try asking them.

Cheers,
Alex
---
http://www.openperception.org



On Feb 4, 2013, at 1:50 PM, dinamex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried several different formats now (.pcd, .ply, .vtk). If I use vtk the
> Kiwiviewer gets listed int he "open in" option but when I load it nothing
> gets displayed.
> I really appreciate if someone could help me out...
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025868.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

dinamex
Hi Pat,
 
 
on the documentation page it states the following:
###########################
KiwiViewer supports the following data formats:
  • Wavefront .obj
  • Stereolithography (.stl)
  • Polygon (.ply)
  • MOVIE.BYU geometry file (.g)
  • Protien Data Bank (.pdb)
  • VTK (.vtp, vtu, vti, vtk)
  • MetaImage (.mha)
###########################
 
 
is that only for the new v1.0? Which formats are supported by the old version?
Furthermore, I know that this questions is most of the time kind of inappropriate, but is there aleady a release date for the iOS v1.0 kiwiviewer?
 
Thank you for the quick response.
Regards
 
  


From: Pat Marion [via Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 5:14 PM
To: Bismark, Ronny (SCR US) (EXT)
Subject: Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

Hi,

The KiwiViewer v1.0 in the Google Play store for Android has support for point cloud data in the .vtk, .vtp, or .ply file format.  I think that the KiwiViewer v0.0.2 in the iOS store probably does not have support for point cloud data, unfortunately.  We're working toward a new iOS release which will have a greatly improved version of the app, including support for .pcd files, and will have live visualization of streamed point clouds using the pcl mobile streaming server.

The apps you read about on the PCL Goes Mobile article are available in source code form, for Android and iOS, and can be found here:  http://svn.pointclouds.org/mobile/

Pat

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Alexandru Ichim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The KiwiViewer is supported by the guys at Kitware. Try asking them.

Cheers,
Alex
---
http://www.openperception.org



On Feb 4, 2013, at 1:50 PM, dinamex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried several different formats now (.pcd, .ply, .vtk). If I use vtk the
> Kiwiviewer gets listed int he "open in" option but when I load it nothing
> gets displayed.
> I really appreciate if someone could help me out...
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025868.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025871.html
To unsubscribe from how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data, click here.
NAML

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

Radu B. Rusu
Administrator
Rony,

I think these questions are better asked on the VES mailing list.

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://openperception.org

On 02/04/2013 02:21 PM, dinamex wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
>
> on the documentation page it states the following:
> ###########################
> KiwiViewer supports the following data formats:
>
>   *   Wavefront .obj
>   *   Stereolithography (.stl)
>   *   Polygon (.ply)
>   *   MOVIE.BYU geometry file (.g)
>   *   Protien Data Bank (.pdb)
>   *   VTK (.vtp, vtu, vti, vtk)
>   *   MetaImage (.mha)
>
> ###########################
>
>
> is that only for the new v1.0? Which formats are supported by the old version?
> Furthermore, I know that this questions is most of the time kind of inappropriate, but is there aleady a release date for the iOS v1.0 kiwiviewer?
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
> Regards
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Pat Marion [via Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list] [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 5:14 PM
> To: Bismark, Ronny (SCR US) (EXT)
> Subject: Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data
>
> Hi,
>
> The KiwiViewer v1.0 in the Google Play store for Android has support for point cloud data in the .vtk, .vtp, or .ply file format.  I think that the KiwiViewer v0.0.2 in the iOS store probably does not have support for point cloud data, unfortunately.  We're working toward a new iOS release which will have a greatly improved version of the app, including support for .pcd files, and will have live visualization of streamed point clouds using the pcl mobile streaming server.
>
> The apps you read about on the PCL Goes Mobile article are available in source code form, for Android and iOS, and can be found here:  http://svn.pointclouds.org/mobile/
>
> Pat
>
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Alexandru Ichim <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4025871&i=0>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The KiwiViewer is supported by the guys at Kitware. Try asking them.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
> ---
> http://www.openperception.org
>
>
>
> On Feb 4, 2013, at 1:50 PM, dinamex <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4025871&i=1>> wrote:
>
>> I tried several different formats now (.pcd, .ply, .vtk). If I use vtk the
>> Kiwiviewer gets listed int he "open in" option but when I load it nothing
>> gets displayed.
>> I really appreciate if someone could help me out...
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025868.html
>> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4025871&i=2> / http://pointclouds.org
>> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4025871&i=3> / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4025871&i=4> / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025871.html
> To unsubscribe from how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data, click here<
> NAML<
http://www.pcl-users.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>
> This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025872.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

dinamex
Oh sorry,

I just wrote to the VES mailing list and got 10 minutes later the answer from pat. I thought the post from pat came from this mailing list and answered without verifying. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

Pat Marion
No problem.  I got your email on the VES mailing list, I will respond there.

Pat

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM, dinamex <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh sorry,

I just wrote to the VES mailing list and got 10 minutes later the answer
from pat. I thought the post from pat came from this mailing list and
answered without verifying. Sorry for the misunderstanding.





--
View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/how-to-use-Kiwi-viewer-how-to-import-data-tp4025831p4025874.html
Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users