Problems and problems with vcpkg and pcl

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems and problems with vcpkg and pcl

giorgio.denunzio
Hi all,
though I am a vcpkg enthusiast, I am quite discouraged: as you can see here:
https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440
<https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440>  
I am not able to obtain a working vcpkg installation for pcl (after
struggling with many problems while building vtk, qt, and others). On two
different pcs with Windows 10 amd visualstudio 2017, I cannot get the final
export so as to use pcl.
My questions are:

1) has anybody had the same export problem as described in the mentioned
link?

2) can I use the installation without exporting? I imagine I can: the
compiled stuff and the #include files are there already; I tried (as
suggested by the "integrate install" reply):
cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64"
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:\src\vcpkg\scripts\buildsystems\vcpkg.cmake ..
but I got a project that, once built, gave hundreds of errors ("cannot open
source file boost/format.hpp" and so on)

3) Just in case I cannot, is somebody willing to give me the exported
libraries (environment: Windows 10, Visualstudio 2017, x64) so that I can
simply put them into my projects?

Thanks
Best regards
Giorgio




--
Sent from: http://www.pcl-users.org/
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems and problems with vcpkg and pcl

giorgio.denunzio
OK, solved by myself with the -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE ... definition:
there was a stupid mistake in my CMakeLists.txt. Being so tired of
testing, I had not realized.
Now it seems ok, I have still to test some Qt stuff to be sure (I have
just segmented a point cloud as a rapid compilation/execution test).

Still, I don't understand why exporting does not work.
Best regards
Giorgio


Il 27/12/2017 10:26, giorgio.denunzio ha scritto:

> Hi all,
> though I am a vcpkg enthusiast, I am quite discouraged: as you can see here:
> https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440
> <https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440>
> I am not able to obtain a working vcpkg installation for pcl (after
> struggling with many problems while building vtk, qt, and others). On two
> different pcs with Windows 10 amd visualstudio 2017, I cannot get the final
> export so as to use pcl.
> My questions are:
>
> 1) has anybody had the same export problem as described in the mentioned
> link?
>
> 2) can I use the installation without exporting? I imagine I can: the
> compiled stuff and the #include files are there already; I tried (as
> suggested by the "integrate install" reply):
> cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64"
> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:\src\vcpkg\scripts\buildsystems\vcpkg.cmake ..
> but I got a project that, once built, gave hundreds of errors ("cannot open
> source file boost/format.hpp" and so on)
>
> 3) Just in case I cannot, is somebody willing to give me the exported
> libraries (environment: Windows 10, Visualstudio 2017, x64) so that I can
> simply put them into my projects?
>
> Thanks
> Best regards
> Giorgio
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://www.pcl-users.org/
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users


---
Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems and problems with vcpkg and pcl

giorgio.denunzio
In reply to this post by giorgio.denunzio
Hi Brian,
thanks for your reply.
I am obliged to remain in Windows because this is the environment that an enterprise, with which I have now a Research Contract, is using to develop its software. I cannot choose. Otherwise, be sure I'd follow your example!!
Anyway, I have just had my first pcl/vcpkg code compiled and running.
Getting vcpkg to compile all the libraries was difficult, with many strange steps (libraries that did compile, stopped compiling at the next run, and vice versa...).
Thanks!
Best regards
Giorgio

Il 27/12/2017 16:45, Brian Robinson ha scritto:
Giorgio,

I had a lot of problems getting PCL installed with Windows and Visual Studio. (I'm sure someone more sophisticated than I am can massage everything into place.) I finally gave up and transitioned to Ubuntu Linux and building projects using Cmake. I'll never look back. I apologize if this is not helpful.

Cheers,
Brian

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 3:26 AM, giorgio.denunzio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
though I am a vcpkg enthusiast, I am quite discouraged: as you can see here:
https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440
<https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440>
I am not able to obtain a working vcpkg installation for pcl (after
struggling with many problems while building vtk, qt, and others). On two
different pcs with Windows 10 amd visualstudio 2017, I cannot get the final
export so as to use pcl.
My questions are:

1) has anybody had the same export problem as described in the mentioned
link?

2) can I use the installation without exporting? I imagine I can: the
compiled stuff and the #include files are there already; I tried (as
suggested by the "integrate install" reply):
cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64"
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:\src\vcpkg\scripts\buildsystems\vcpkg.cmake ..
but I got a project that, once built, gave hundreds of errors ("cannot open
source file boost/format.hpp" and so on)

3) Just in case I cannot, is somebody willing to give me the exported
libraries (environment: Windows 10, Visualstudio 2017, x64) so that I can
simply put them into my projects?

Thanks
Best regards
Giorgio




--
Sent from: http://www.pcl-users.org/
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users



_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users


Mail priva di virus. www.avast.com

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems and problems with vcpkg and pcl -> Qt test compiled and running!

giorgio.denunzio
This is just to share my satisfaction: starting from Tsukasa's links:

[1] https://gist.github.com/UnaNancyOwen/e24e67966af5f1d5f5cce4a88af7b4a4
[2] https://github.com/UnaNancyOwen/qt_visualizer
[3] http://unanancyowen.com/en/pcl-with-qt/

and following the instructions, I could compile and run my first PCL-Qt code!
Now I simply have to learn some Qt, and mix it with PCL to develop my
segmentation interface....
Thanks, Tsukasa!
Ciao!
Giorgio


> Hi Brian,
> thanks for your reply.
> I am obliged to remain in Windows because this is the environment that
> an enterprise, with which I have now a Research Contract, is using to
> develop its software. I cannot choose. Otherwise, be sure I'd follow
> your example!!
> Anyway, I have just had my first pcl/vcpkg code compiled and running.
> Getting vcpkg to compile all the libraries was difficult, with many
> strange steps (libraries that did compile, stopped compiling at the next
> run, and vice versa...).
> Thanks!
> Best regards
> Giorgio
>
> Il 27/12/2017 16:45, Brian Robinson ha scritto:
>> Giorgio,
>>
>> I had a lot of problems getting PCL installed with Windows and Visual
>> Studio. (I'm sure someone more sophisticated than I am can massage
>> everything into place.) I finally gave up and transitioned to Ubuntu
>> Linux and building projects using Cmake. I'll never look back. I
>> apologize if this is not helpful.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brian
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 3:26 AM, giorgio.denunzio
>> <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>     though I am a vcpkg enthusiast, I am quite discouraged: as you can
>>     see here:
>>     https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440
>>     <https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440>
>>     <https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440
>>     <https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/2440>>
>>     I am not able to obtain a working vcpkg installation for pcl (after
>>     struggling with many problems while building vtk, qt, and others).
>>     On two
>>     different pcs with Windows 10 amd visualstudio 2017, I cannot get
>>     the final
>>     export so as to use pcl.
>>     My questions are:
>>
>>     1) has anybody had the same export problem as described in the
>>     mentioned
>>     link?
>>
>>     2) can I use the installation without exporting? I imagine I can:
>> the
>>     compiled stuff and the #include files are there already; I tried (as
>>     suggested by the "integrate install" reply):
>>     cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64"
>>     -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=C:\src\vcpkg\scripts\buildsystems\vcpkg.cmake
>>     ..
>>     but I got a project that, once built, gave hundreds of errors
>>     ("cannot open
>>     source file boost/format.hpp" and so on)
>>
>>     3) Just in case I cannot, is somebody willing to give me the
>> exported
>>     libraries (environment: Windows 10, Visualstudio 2017, x64) so
>>     that I can
>>     simply put them into my projects?
>>
>>     Thanks
>>     Best regards
>>     Giorgio
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>     --
>>     Sent from: http://www.pcl-users.org/
>>     _______________________________________________
>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> /
>>     http://pointclouds.org
>>     http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>>     <http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
>> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
>
>
> ---
> Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
> antivirus.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users