New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

Matteo Munaro
Dear PCL community,

I am glad to announce that a new sub-library has been added to PCL under the namespace pcl::people.
It contains some classes which implement the RGB-D people detection algorithm described in
M. Munaro, F. Basso and E. Menegatti. Tracking people within groups with RGB-D data. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2012, Vilamoura (Portugal), 2012.

Here it is the link to the online documentation:
http://docs.pointclouds.org/trunk/namespacepcl_1_1people.html

while a tutorial showing how to use this library for detecting people standing/walking on a ground plane in RGB-D data from a OpenNI device can be found here:
http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/ground_based_rgbd_people_detection.php#ground-based-rgbd-people-detection

Please note that this implementation does not require GPU computation.

Best regards,
Matteo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

aichim
Administrator
Hi Matteo,


Awesome contribution, and the tutorial is really nice too!

To make your work complete and to make sure your code will stand future PCL changes, could you also write some thorough unit tests for your classes?


Cheers,
Alex
---
http://www.openperception.org



On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Matteo Munaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear PCL community,
>
> I am glad to announce that a new sub-library has been added to PCL under the
> namespace pcl::people.
> It contains some classes which implement the RGB-D people detection
> algorithm described in
> M. Munaro, F. Basso and E. Menegatti. Tracking people within groups with
> RGB-D data. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent
> Robots and Systems (IROS) 2012, Vilamoura (Portugal), 2012.
>
> Here it is the link to the online documentation:
> http://docs.pointclouds.org/trunk/namespacepcl_1_1people.html
>
> while a tutorial showing how to use this library for detecting people
> standing/walking on a ground plane in RGB-D data from a OpenNI device can be
> found here:
> http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/ground_based_rgbd_people_detection.php#ground-based-rgbd-people-detection
>
> Please note that this implementation does not require GPU computation.
>
> Best regards,
> Matteo
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/New-pcl-people-library-for-RGB-D-people-detection-tp4026216.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

Matteo Munaro
Hi Alex,
thanks!

Ok, I think to have time to write the unit tests in a month, I hope it is ok for you.
Can you point me to some unit tests I can take as examples?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Matteo
___________________________________________

Matteo MUNARO

PhD Student
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Lab (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
Faculty of Engineering, The University of Padua
Via Ognissanti 72, I-35131 Padova, Italy

phone: +390498277831
___________________________________________


> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:39:25 -0800
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PCL-users] New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection
>
> Hi Matteo,
>
>
> Awesome contribution, and the tutorial is really nice too!
>
> To make your work complete and to make sure your code will stand future PCL changes, could you also write some thorough unit tests for your classes?
>
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
> ---
> http://www.openperception.org
>
>
>
> On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Matteo Munaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear PCL community,
> >
> > I am glad to announce that a new sub-library has been added to PCL under the
> > namespace pcl::people.
> > It contains some classes which implement the RGB-D people detection
> > algorithm described in
> > M. Munaro, F. Basso and E. Menegatti. Tracking people within groups with
> > RGB-D data. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent
> > Robots and Systems (IROS) 2012, Vilamoura (Portugal), 2012.
> >
> > Here it is the link to the online documentation:
> > http://docs.pointclouds.org/trunk/namespacepcl_1_1people.html
> >
> > while a tutorial showing how to use this library for detecting people
> > standing/walking on a ground plane in RGB-D data from a OpenNI device can be
> > found here:
> > http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/ground_based_rgbd_people_detection.php#ground-based-rgbd-people-detection
> >
> > Please note that this implementation does not require GPU computation.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Matteo
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/New-pcl-people-library-for-RGB-D-people-detection-tp4026216.html
> > Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > _______________________________________________
> > [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> > http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

pcluser88
In reply to this post by Matteo Munaro
Hi Matteo,


I am new to RGB-D.

Is it correct to say that your sample code can only work directly with an openni sensor ?

Do you have any RGB-D video file which can be read by your sample code ?


Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

aichim
Administrator
In reply to this post by Matteo Munaro
<base href="x-msg://155/">
Hi,

Have a look into the test/ folder and follow the structure. Get back to me if you need any help.



On Feb 21, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Matteo Munaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alex,
thanks!

Ok, I think to have time to write the unit tests in a month, I hope it is ok for you.
Can you point me to some unit tests I can take as examples?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Matteo
___________________________________________

Matteo MUNARO

PhD Student
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Lab (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
Faculty of Engineering, The University of Padua
Via Ognissanti 72, I-35131 Padova, Italy

phone: +390498277831
___________________________________________


> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:39:25 -0800
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PCL-users] New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection
> 
> Hi Matteo,
> 
> 
> Awesome contribution, and the tutorial is really nice too!
> 
> To make your work complete and to make sure your code will stand future PCL changes, could you also write some thorough unit tests for your classes?
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Alex
> ---
> http://www.openperception.org
> 
> 
> 
> On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Matteo Munaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 
> > Dear PCL community,
> > 
> > I am glad to announce that a new sub-library has been added to PCL under the
> > namespace pcl::people.
> > It contains some classes which implement the RGB-D people detection
> > algorithm described in
> > M. Munaro, F. Basso and E. Menegatti. Tracking people within groups with
> > RGB-D data. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent
> > Robots and Systems (IROS) 2012, Vilamoura (Portugal), 2012.
> > 
> > Here it is the link to the online documentation:
> > http://docs.pointclouds.org/trunk/namespacepcl_1_1people.html
> > 
> > while a tutorial showing how to use this library for detecting people
> > standing/walking on a ground plane in RGB-D data from a OpenNI device can be
> > found here:
> > http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/ground_based_rgbd_people_detection.php#ground-based-rgbd-people-detection
> > 
> > Please note that this implementation does not require GPU computation.
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > Matteo 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/New-pcl-people-library-for-RGB-D-people-detection-tp4026216.html
> > Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > _______________________________________________
> > [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> > http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
> 
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users


_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

Matteo Munaro
In reply to this post by pcluser88
Hi pcluser88,

the sample code shown in the tutorial works with an openni sensor directly attached to the computer, but you can easily adapt it to work on ONI video files or PCD frames you pre-recorded.
The pcl::people::GroundBasedPeopleDetectionApp<PointT> class works on 
organized pointclouds of type <PointT> that can be XYZRGB or XYZRGBA for example.

Thus, the code will work the same if you substitute the "cloud" variable with a pointcloud you loaded from file.

I do not have RGB-D videos to send you, but I can send you a PCD file with a XYZRGBA pointcloud if you need it.

Cheers,
Matteo

___________________________________________

Matteo MUNARO

PhD Student
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Lab (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
Faculty of Engineering, The University of Padua
Via Ognissanti 72, I-35131 Padova, Italy

phone: +390498277831
___________________________________________


> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:43:31 -0800

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PCL-users] New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection
>
> Hi Matteo,
>
>
> I am new to RGB-D.
>
> Is it correct to say that your sample code can only work directly with an
> openni sensor ?
>
> Do you have any RGB-D video file which can be read by your sample code ?
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/New-pcl-people-library-for-RGB-D-people-detection-tp4026216p4026293.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

pcluser88
Hi Matteo,


Please send me the PCD file with a XYZRGBA pointcloud or tell me where to download it.


Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

Matteo Munaro
I sent it to your email account.

Best regards,
Matteo
___________________________________________

Matteo MUNARO

PhD Student
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Lab (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering (DEI)
Faculty of Engineering, The University of Padua
Via Ognissanti 72, I-35131 Padova, Italy

phone: +390498277831
___________________________________________


> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 03:37:26 -0800

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PCL-users] New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection
>
> Hi Matteo,
>
>
> Please send me the PCD file with a XYZRGBA pointcloud or tell me where to
> download it.
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/New-pcl-people-library-for-RGB-D-people-detection-tp4026216p4026354.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

aozhigov
In reply to this post by Matteo Munaro
Hi Matteo,

I am very interested in trying out your sub-library. What I still do not understand is how to get ID's for particular detected people in order to get the results of the actual tracking. In main_ground_based_people_detection.cpp 'clusters' variable is a vector of type pcl::people::PersonCluster<PointT> , however I could not find anything relevant to person ID in the PersonCluster class reference or references for other pcl::people classes. What needs to be done to be able to get the ID's?
Best regards,
Alexey Ozhigov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

Matteo Munaro
Hi Alexey,

the code of that sub-library is for people detection only, no tracking is performed.

Best regards,
Matteo Munaro


> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 07:44:27 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PCL-users] New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection
>
> Hi Matteo,
>
> I am very interested in trying out your sub-library. What I still do not
> understand is how to get ID's for particular detected people in order to get
> the results of the actual tracking. In
> main_ground_based_people_detection.cpp 'clusters' variable is a vector of
> type pcl::people::PersonCluster<PointT> , however I could not find anything
> relevant to person ID in the PersonCluster class reference or references for
> other pcl::people classes. What needs to be done to be able to get the ID's?
>
>
>
> -----
> Best regards,
> Alexey Ozhigov
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/New-pcl-people-library-for-RGB-D-people-detection-tp4026216p4026698.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

tiagom
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Matteo Munaro
Can you send me too please mateo ?
Thanks in advance, I want to test it but don't have kinect yet..

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

robmayer000
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Matteo Munaro
Hi Matteo,

I'm working on a project of using kinect to track the motion of infants. I compiled the code and set min_h to 0.2 and max_h to 1. I also played around with different HOG confidence parameters. However, the program is not working very well. Sometimes it detects the infant and immediately lose track of it. Also, there are multiple 3D bounding boxes jumping everywhere. Are there anyways to improve the detection results on infants? Is it because the SVM training parameters are obtained from adults? How can I get proper SVM training data on infants?

Thank you very much,
Rob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New pcl::people library for RGB-D people detection

trexgris
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Matteo Munaro
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.