Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

David_Lavy
Hi,

I want to install PCL1.7 in my laptop running Ubuntu 12.04. Currently I have installed OpenNI and OpenCV, I've been working in a few projects with those. I want to try PCL but when I try to install it from the terminal I get this:

david@david:~$ sudo apt-get install libpcl-all
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
  libtinyxml2.6.2
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
  libpcl-1.7-all libpcl-1.7-all-dev libpcl-1.7-bin libpcl-1.7-doc libpcl-apps-1.7 libpcl-apps-1.7-dev libpcl-common-1.7 libpcl-common-1.7-dev libpcl-features-1.7
  libpcl-features-1.7-dev libpcl-filters-1.7 libpcl-filters-1.7-dev libpcl-geometry-1.7-dev libpcl-io-1.7 libpcl-io-1.7-dev libpcl-kdtree-1.7 libpcl-kdtree-1.7-dev
  libpcl-keypoints-1.7 libpcl-keypoints-1.7-dev libpcl-octree-1.7 libpcl-octree-1.7-dev libpcl-outofcore-1.7 libpcl-outofcore-1.7-dev libpcl-people-1.7
  libpcl-people-1.7-dev libpcl-recognition-1.7 libpcl-recognition-1.7-dev libpcl-registration-1.7 libpcl-registration-1.7-dev libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7
  libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7-dev libpcl-search-1.7 libpcl-search-1.7-dev libpcl-segmentation-1.7 libpcl-segmentation-1.7-dev libpcl-surface-1.7
  libpcl-surface-1.7-dev libpcl-tracking-1.7 libpcl-tracking-1.7-dev libpcl-visualization-1.7 libpcl-visualization-1.7-dev libvtk5-qt4-dev libvtk5.8-qt4 openni-dev
  ps-engine
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libopenni-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense0 libopenni0 openni-sensor-primesense-bin openni-utils
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libpcl-1.7-all libpcl-1.7-all-dev libpcl-1.7-bin libpcl-1.7-doc libpcl-all libpcl-apps-1.7 libpcl-apps-1.7-dev libpcl-common-1.7 libpcl-common-1.7-dev
  libpcl-features-1.7 libpcl-features-1.7-dev libpcl-filters-1.7 libpcl-filters-1.7-dev libpcl-geometry-1.7-dev libpcl-io-1.7 libpcl-io-1.7-dev libpcl-kdtree-1.7
  libpcl-kdtree-1.7-dev libpcl-keypoints-1.7 libpcl-keypoints-1.7-dev libpcl-octree-1.7 libpcl-octree-1.7-dev libpcl-outofcore-1.7 libpcl-outofcore-1.7-dev
  libpcl-people-1.7 libpcl-people-1.7-dev libpcl-recognition-1.7 libpcl-recognition-1.7-dev libpcl-registration-1.7 libpcl-registration-1.7-dev
  libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7 libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7-dev libpcl-search-1.7 libpcl-search-1.7-dev libpcl-segmentation-1.7 libpcl-segmentation-1.7-dev
  libpcl-surface-1.7 libpcl-surface-1.7-dev libpcl-tracking-1.7 libpcl-tracking-1.7-dev libpcl-visualization-1.7 libpcl-visualization-1.7-dev libvtk5-qt4-dev
  libvtk5.8-qt4 openni-dev ps-engine
0 upgraded, 46 newly installed, 6 to remove and 260 not upgraded.
Need to get 50.0 MB/52.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 237 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

As you can see, if I accept this. Many libraries that OpenNI needs will be uninstalled, I don't want to screw up my installation of OpenCV with OpenNI. Is there any way I can avoid this uninstallation of these libraries?

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

jdt141
You could always build pcl from source and put it in /opt/...

On Aug 24, 2013, at 5:26 PM, David_Lavy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install PCL1.7 in my laptop running Ubuntu 12.04. Currently I have
> installed OpenNI and OpenCV, I've been working in a few projects with those.
> I want to try PCL but when I try to install it from the terminal I get this:
>
> david@david:~$ sudo apt-get install libpcl-all
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree      
> Reading state information... Done
> The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
>  libtinyxml2.6.2
> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
> The following extra packages will be installed:
>  libpcl-1.7-all libpcl-1.7-all-dev libpcl-1.7-bin libpcl-1.7-doc
> libpcl-apps-1.7 libpcl-apps-1.7-dev libpcl-common-1.7 libpcl-common-1.7-dev
> libpcl-features-1.7
>  libpcl-features-1.7-dev libpcl-filters-1.7 libpcl-filters-1.7-dev
> libpcl-geometry-1.7-dev libpcl-io-1.7 libpcl-io-1.7-dev libpcl-kdtree-1.7
> libpcl-kdtree-1.7-dev
>  libpcl-keypoints-1.7 libpcl-keypoints-1.7-dev libpcl-octree-1.7
> libpcl-octree-1.7-dev libpcl-outofcore-1.7 libpcl-outofcore-1.7-dev
> libpcl-people-1.7
>  libpcl-people-1.7-dev libpcl-recognition-1.7 libpcl-recognition-1.7-dev
> libpcl-registration-1.7 libpcl-registration-1.7-dev
> libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7
>  libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7-dev libpcl-search-1.7 libpcl-search-1.7-dev
> libpcl-segmentation-1.7 libpcl-segmentation-1.7-dev libpcl-surface-1.7
>  libpcl-surface-1.7-dev libpcl-tracking-1.7 libpcl-tracking-1.7-dev
> libpcl-visualization-1.7 libpcl-visualization-1.7-dev libvtk5-qt4-dev
> libvtk5.8-qt4 openni-dev
>  ps-engine
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>  libopenni-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense0
> libopenni0 openni-sensor-primesense-bin openni-utils
> The following NEW packages will be installed:
>  libpcl-1.7-all libpcl-1.7-all-dev libpcl-1.7-bin libpcl-1.7-doc libpcl-all
> libpcl-apps-1.7 libpcl-apps-1.7-dev libpcl-common-1.7 libpcl-common-1.7-dev
>  libpcl-features-1.7 libpcl-features-1.7-dev libpcl-filters-1.7
> libpcl-filters-1.7-dev libpcl-geometry-1.7-dev libpcl-io-1.7
> libpcl-io-1.7-dev libpcl-kdtree-1.7
>  libpcl-kdtree-1.7-dev libpcl-keypoints-1.7 libpcl-keypoints-1.7-dev
> libpcl-octree-1.7 libpcl-octree-1.7-dev libpcl-outofcore-1.7
> libpcl-outofcore-1.7-dev
>  libpcl-people-1.7 libpcl-people-1.7-dev libpcl-recognition-1.7
> libpcl-recognition-1.7-dev libpcl-registration-1.7
> libpcl-registration-1.7-dev
>  libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7 libpcl-sample-consensus-1.7-dev
> libpcl-search-1.7 libpcl-search-1.7-dev libpcl-segmentation-1.7
> libpcl-segmentation-1.7-dev
>  libpcl-surface-1.7 libpcl-surface-1.7-dev libpcl-tracking-1.7
> libpcl-tracking-1.7-dev libpcl-visualization-1.7
> libpcl-visualization-1.7-dev libvtk5-qt4-dev
>  libvtk5.8-qt4 openni-dev ps-engine
> 0 upgraded, 46 newly installed, 6 to remove and 260 not upgraded.
> Need to get 50.0 MB/52.6 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 237 MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
>
> As you can see, if I accept this. Many libraries that OpenNI needs will be
> uninstalled, I don't want to screw up my installation of OpenCV with OpenNI.
> Is there any way I can avoid this uninstallation of these libraries?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/Dependencies-installing-PCL1-7-in-Ubuntu-tp4029258.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

David_Lavy
This post was updated on .
Thank you Justin,

I compiled it from source and no problems.
One more question, when I create a project using PCL with CMake, I get this error

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:17 (find_package):
  Could not find module FindPCL.cmake or a configuration file for package
  PCL.

  Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindPCL.cmake or set PCL_DIR to the
  directory containing a CMake configuration file for PCL.  The file will
  have one of the following names:

    PCLConfig.cmake
    pcl-config.cmake



-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I have seen answers around the web, and read the documentation, but I just can't really get what to put in the file. They post to add this line:

list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}")

But, what is ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} ??
My PCLConfig.cmake file is located in /opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7, and I tried to put:

LIST(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH /opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7) but didn't work.

I also tried [another answer in the web]:

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} "/opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7/") or
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "/opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7/PCLConfig.cmake")

But it doesn't seem to work either.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

saimanoj18
Hi,

In the link below,


go to the bottom of the page and see under Wierd Installations topic.

Put this line in the CmakeLists.txt 
set(PCL_DIR "/path/toPCLConfig.cmake")
 
With all Good wishes,
Sai Manoj Prakhya


From: David_Lavy <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Sunday, 25 August 2013 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [PCL-users] Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Thank you Justin,

I compiled it from source and no problems.
One more question, when I create a project using PCL with CMake, I get this
error

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:17 (find_package):
  Could not find module FindPCL.cmake or a configuration file for package
  PCL.

  Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindPCL.cmake or set PCL_DIR to the
  directory containing a CMake configuration file for PCL.  The file will
  have one of the following names:

    PCLConfig.cmake
    pcl-config.cmake



-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I have seen answers around the web, and read the documentation, but I just
can't really get what to put in the file. They post to add this line:

list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}")

But, what is ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} ??
My PCLConfig.cmake file is located in /opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7, and I tried
to put:

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} "/opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7/") or
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "/opt/pcl1.7/share/pcl-1.7/PCLConfig.cmake")

But it doesn't seem to work.



--
View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/Dependencies-installing-PCL1-7-in-Ubuntu-tp4029258p4029263.html
Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users



_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

David_Lavy
Thanks! Didn't see that before :-)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
In reply to this post by David_Lavy
Hi David,

sorry for the late reply. The changes proposed by apt-get should be ok,
as long as you are not using ROS (OpenCV does not depend on OpenNI as
far as I know). I guess you picked up a pcl-1.7 with broken
dependencies which was available for one day.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

David_Lavy
Hi Jochen,

Well, OpenCV has support for OpenNI which is what I wanted and to do that I recall (but I'm not 100% sure), that the packages needed to be removed for me to install PCL

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libopenni-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense0 libopenni0 openni-sensor-primesense-bin openni-utils

Where the ones I needed for OpenNI to work with OpenCV. I didn't want to screw up my installation of OpenCV and have to start all over again.

--David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
* David_Lavy <[hidden email]> [2013-08-30 12:36]:

> Well, OpenCV has support for OpenNI which is what I wanted and to do that I
> recall (but I'm not 100% sure), that the packages needed to be removed for
> me to install PCL
>
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libopenni-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense-dev libopenni-sensor-primesense0
> libopenni0 openni-sensor-primesense-bin openni-utils
>
> Where the ones I needed for OpenNI to work with OpenCV. I didn't want to
> screw up my installation of OpenCV and have to start all over again.

OpenCV in Ubuntu 12.04 has no OpenNI support compiled in, so I guess you
compiled OpenCV locally. With OpenCV and PCL compiled against a specific
version of OpenNI, I would leave the system like this.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09
In reply to this post by David_Lavy
The same problem, but instead of 12.04 I have 12.10. How this problem can be solved?


Best regards,

Alex
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
Hi Alex,

* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-10-31 06:20]:
> The same problem, but instead of 12.04 I have 12.10. How this problem can be
> solved?

I guess you are using ROS. Please use the PCL coming with ROS then.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09
Yes, I had the ROS installed previously. But the thing is I completely removed it, together with its PPA. I tried re-adding your PPA (with full re-installation of PCL) but it doesn't help. Any ideas how to overcome this strange conflict?


2013/10/31 Jochen Sprickerhof [via Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list] <[hidden email]>
Hi Alex,

* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-10-31 06:20]:
> The same problem, but instead of 12.04 I have 12.10. How this problem can be
> solved?

I guess you are using ROS. Please use the PCL coming with ROS then.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://www.pcl-users.org/Dependencies-installing-PCL1-7-in-Ubuntu-tp4029258p4030509.html
To unsubscribe from Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09
I even went further:

sudo rm -r /var/lib/apt /var/cache/apt
sudo apt-get update


It didn't help. So, from what I understand this is not related in any way to ROS.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-10-31 09:00]:
> It didn't help. So, from what I understand this is not related in any way to
> ROS.

ROS depends on incompatible versions of Openni, search the archive of
the list, I've posted solutions a number of times.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09

As I previously stated there is no more ROS in my system, and even ROS PPA was completely deleted, but the problem persists.

În data de 31.10.2013 18:23, "Jochen Sprickerhof [via Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list]" <[hidden email]> a scris:
* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-10-31 09:00]:
> It didn't help. So, from what I understand this is not related in any way to
> ROS.

ROS depends on incompatible versions of Openni, search the archive of
the list, I've posted solutions a number of times.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://www.pcl-users.org/Dependencies-installing-PCL1-7-in-Ubuntu-tp4029258p4030518.html
To unsubscribe from Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09
I installed a clean 12.04 system. Conflict persists:

PCL Repository conflict 12.04

Here is the screenshot from 12.10 (I uninstalled for now openni, but the problem with versions can be easily spotted):

PCL Repository conflict 12.10
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-11-02 06:51]:
> I installed a clean 12.04 system. Conflict persists:
>
> <http://www.pcl-users.org/file/n4030553/pcl_repo_conflict_12.04.png>

Please read one of my many answers on this:
http://www.pcl-users.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=1564928&query=message%3Aopenni-dev+author%3A%22jochen%22&days=0

> Here is the screenshot from 12.10 (I uninstalled for now openni, but the
> problem with versions can be easily spotted):
>
> <http://www.pcl-users.org/file/n4030553/pcl_repo_conflict_12.10.png>

http://www.pcl-users.org/Carmine-1-09-support-tp4026939p4029539.html

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09
I can confirm, in 13.04 everything is fine. But! 12.04 is LTS, it would be very nice to fix the problem ;)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-11-02 08:43]:
> I can confirm, in 13.04 everything is fine. But! 12.04 is LTS, it would be
> very nice to fix the problem ;)

I can confirm, in 12.04 everything is fine. Please learn how to use
apt-get ;).

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

fliker09

I have no problems using apt-get, the problem is in 2 conflicting versions of OpenNI in 12.04 and 12.10 in your repository

În data de 02.11.2013 23:34, "Jochen Sprickerhof [via Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list]" <[hidden email]> a scris:
* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-11-02 08:43]:
> I can confirm, in 13.04 everything is fine. But! 12.04 is LTS, it would be
> very nice to fix the problem ;)

I can confirm, in 12.04 everything is fine. Please learn how to use
apt-get ;).

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://www.pcl-users.org/Dependencies-installing-PCL1-7-in-Ubuntu-tp4029258p4030556.html
To unsubscribe from Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dependencies installing PCL1.7 in Ubuntu

Jochen Sprickerhof
Administrator
* fliker09 <[hidden email]> [2013-11-02 15:27]:
> I have no problems using apt-get, the problem is in 2 conflicting versions
> of OpenNI in 12.04 and 12.10 in your repository

That's on purpose, obviously.

Cheers Jochen
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
12