Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

guachochilo
when i try to build the program, i get the following makefile errors:

Scanning dependencies of target reg
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/reg.dir/main.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable reg
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: Eigen::internal::manage_caching_sizes(Eigen::Action, long*, long*)::m_l1CacheSize: TLS definition in /usr/local/lib64/libpcl_sample_consensus.so section .tbss mismatches non-TLS definition in CMakeFiles/reg.dir/main.cpp.o section .bss._ZZN5Eigen8internal20manage_caching_sizesENS_6ActionEPlS2_E13m_l1CacheSize[Eigen::internal::manage_caching_sizes(Eigen::Action, long*, long*)::m_l1CacheSize]
/usr/local/lib64/libpcl_sample_consensus.so: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [reg] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/reg.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 25 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

the cmakelists.txt contains this:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8 FATAL_ERROR)
project(registracion_imagenes_pcd)
find_package(PCL 1.4 REQUIRED)
include_directories(${PCL_INCLUDE_DIRS})
link_directories(${PCL_LIBRARY_DIRS})
add_definitions(${PCL_DEFINITIONS})
add_executable(reg main.cpp)
target_link_libraries(reg ${PCL_LIBRARIES})

and the main.cpp is pretty much the one on the following link:

http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/pairwise_incremental_registration.php#pairwise-incremental-registration

p.s: the machine is running gentoo linux amd64
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

guachochilo
I also tried doing an iterative closest point (icp) example, but when generating the executable, i get the same error.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

Radu B. Rusu
Administrator
In reply to this post by guachochilo
Vicente,

There's definitely something wrong with your install. Did you try the instructions at
http://www.pointclouds.org/downloads/linux.html ?

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://openperception.org

On 09/09/2012 07:19 PM, vicente juarez wrote:

> when i try to build the program, i get the following makefile errors:
>
> Scanning dependencies of target reg
> [100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/reg.dir/main.cpp.o
> Linking CXX executable reg
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> Eigen::internal::manage_caching_sizes(Eigen::Action, long*, long*)::m_l1CacheSize: TLS definition in
> /usr/local/lib64/libpcl_sample_consensus.so section .tbss mismatches non-TLS definition in CMakeFiles/reg.dir/main.cpp.o
> section
> .bss._ZZN5Eigen8internal20manage_caching_sizesENS_6ActionEPlS2_E13m_l1CacheSize[Eigen::internal::manage_caching_sizes(Eigen::Action,
> long*, long*)::m_l1CacheSize]
> /usr/local/lib64/libpcl_sample_consensus.so: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [reg] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/reg.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 25 seconds)
> 0 errors, 0 warnings
>
> the cmakelists.txt contains this:
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8 FATAL_ERROR)
> project(registracion_imagenes_pcd)
> find_package(PCL 1.4 REQUIRED)
> include_directories(${PCL_INCLUDE_DIRS})
> link_directories(${PCL_LIBRARY_DIRS})
> add_definitions(${PCL_DEFINITIONS})
> add_executable(reg main.cpp)
> target_link_libraries(reg ${PCL_LIBRARIES})
>
> and the main.cpp is pretty much the one on the following link:
>
> http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/pairwise_incremental_registration.php#pairwise-incremental-registration
>
> p.s: the machine is running gentoo linux amd64
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

guachochilo
This post was updated on .
I installed it from source, from this link:

http://pointclouds.org/downloads/source.html

And also installed the mandatory libraries as especified, like boost 1.48.0-r2, Eigen 3.0.6, FLANN 1.7.1 and VTK 5.10. as well as openni dev and qhull 2012.1. Should I then install pcl from the gentoo package? I did saw it before but I wanted to build it from source so that i install the latest mandatory libraries. Or is it maybe beter if I post my ccmake configuration?.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

guachochilo



Since i am not using cuda and the gpu modules i turned them off, and I didnt show the whole 11 pages because they are mostly the configurations for qt and x11.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

Radu B. Rusu
Administrator
In reply to this post by guachochilo
If you're just starting up with PCL, _ALWAYS_ use our binary installers or instructions first. Once you get that
rolling, feel free to jump on any unstable trunk revision, but be aware that we only officially support our stable
releases ;)

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://openperception.org

On 09/11/2012 10:12 AM, guachochilo wrote:

> I installed it from source, from this link:
>
> http://pointclouds.org/downloads/source.html
>
> And also installed the mandatory libraries as especified, like boost
> 1.48.0-r2, Eigen 3.0.6, FLANN 1.7.1 and VTK 5.10. as well as openni dev and
> qhull 2012.1. Should I then install pcl from the gentoo package? I did saw
> it before but I wanted to build it from source so that i install the latest
> mandatory libraries.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.pcl-users.org/Cant-Generate-Executable-for-third-registration-tutorial-PCL-Rev-7074-tp4022118p4022198.html
> Sent from the Point Cloud Library (PCL) Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
> http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
>
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] / http://pointclouds.org
http://pointclouds.org/mailman/listinfo/pcl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

guachochilo
I will try it on the stable 1.6 release, one of the reasons why i went for the svn trunk revision was because the module segmentation on the stable 1.6 release doesn't contain the region_growing.h, region_growing_rgb.h and min_cut_segmentation.h. I just wanted to test all segmentation methods, but it will be fine with the ones i get with 1.6. Thx for the tips, and i will now try the same tutorial with 1.6 :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cant Generate Executable for third registration tutorial PCL Rev 7074

guachochilo
I finally solved the executable problem, turns out it was my eigen library version (3.0.6), i unmerged it from gentoo and installed the newest one (3.1.1) from source, thx for the help.